Many of you asked for book club questions for Beyond the Break. Here you go!
1. What scene in Beyond the Break was the most pivotal? How do you think the story would have changed had that scene not taken place?
2. What scene resonated with you most in either a positive or negative way? Why?
3. Has anything ever happened to you similar to what happened in Beyond the Break? How did you resolve that conflict within your own life?
4. How do you think Hazel’s traumatic past impacted her feelings toward Claire? Do you think she would have ever had such feelings if not for her traumatic past?
5. Do you think Claire did the right thing by indulging Hazel’s fantasies? Why or why not?
6. Do you think Oren did the right thing by encouraging Hazel? Why or why not?
7. What do you think would have happened to Hazel if she had never revealed her feelings to either Oren or Claire?
8. Could this story have been told as thoroughly without the explicit sex scenes? Why or why not?
9. How might the story have played out if neither Claire’s nor Hazel’s husband had agreed to the affair?
10. Were there moments where you disagreed with any of the characters’ choices? What would you have done differently?
11. What was Iris’s role in the story? Do you think the story would have been as strong without that subplot?
12. Is Hazel weak or strong? Why?
13. What do you feel about the role music plays in this story? Did it further the plot or detract from it?
14. Did you find the ending satisfying? Or at least…appropriate? If not, how would you have liked to have seen the ending go?
15. What was your main takeaway from Beyond the Break?
HAVEN’T READ BEYOND THE BREAK YET?
CLICK BELOW TO GET IT ON: